Now, I do not consider myself an expert, and I know success looks different to everyone... and I also know that I'm just getting started in the MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) or Party planning business, but I do know that every goal I've set for myself, I've achieved. And my business and team just continue to grow.
I am having so much fun selling Tupperware. Yes, it’s a business, a job, but it’s the most fun job I've ever had. I mean, I get PAID to PARTY. Doesn't get much better than that!!
I've gathered some of my thoughts on how I've built my Tupperware business, so without further ado, here are 7 C's of a successful direct sales business:
1. Consistency. This is key. You must be consistent. And you can't give up. I've learned that if I consistently show up for my business, party every week, post daily on my social media accounts, and reach out to my customers, hosts, potential recruits, and team members daily, I have the best results. Businesses don't just happen overnight. You slowly and CONSISTENTLY begin to build a network that trusts and supports you.
2. Community. So while I'm on the subject of network, having a community is essential. Next to partying and in person connections, one of the best ways to start developing a sense of community is in a closed facebook group. This is for your VIP customers, or your team, where you show up every day, go live and post videos so that the people in the group can get to know you. People buy from you (and join you) if they know, like, and trust you. Along with community, you should be getting involved in yours. Join clubs, organizations, volunteer, choose things that will help you network and spread the word about your business.
3. Control. Having control of your calendar is so important. Before the month even starts I highlight the days I have open to party. The other days are non-negotiable. I don't party on the weekends. Once I decided to have control of my calendar, my business started flowing better. I didn't feel like I was working all the time, and I really enjoyed the days that I do work, because it was my choice.
4. Collaboration. Reaching out to other direct sellers, and even other business owners to promote each other's products, swap parties, and share the social media love is always a good thing. Just make sure you are both on the same page about the collaboration and that you have similar goals and the partnership makes sense for both of your businesses. Then share away. Because sharing is caring.
5. Creativity. Allow yourself to be yourself. And use your creativity to sell your product. Take pictures of yourself with your product, create a personal "brand," what you are about, what you have to offer that no one else has. This doesn't have to be perfect, or beautifully curated photos, it just has to be YOU. A good place to start would just be to pick 2 colors to use, and maybe choose a font. Then when you are making images for your business, stick with these colors and fonts so people begin to equate them with you the more they see them.
6. CONFIDENCE. Have confidence in yourself. BELIEVE that you can do it, that you can make money doing it, and YOU WILL. Our thoughts create our reality, so make sure you are telling yourself the things that will move you forward, and create success for you. You are worth it, you do deserve it, and it WILL happen for you, you just have to go for it.
7. Customer Service. This is so important to the success of your business. Go above and beyond for your customer. Deliver to them. Give them deals. Reach out to them when you know a product they love is on sale. Send them snail mail. Put a fun note in their order. Always handwrite thank yous. To everyone. No exceptions. I handwrite a thank you to everyone who buys from me. Does it take a lot of time? Yes. But am I so grateful that that person bought something from me? Heck yes. The least I can do is take 1 minute to write a thank you to them.
There you have it. I know many of these C's apply to business in general. I hope you can take a few of these nuggets and apply them to your business.
Enjoy your success!