5 Secrets to Success in Direct Sales
Someone asked me the other day... There are so many people doing direct sales, how are you successful with it?
That made me stop and think: why is that I am achieving my goals, making money and growing my business, when some people are in the business for years and never move up.
*Disclaimer: success looks different for EVERYONE. and You get to decide what success looks like for you.
It's time to share my secrets on how I went from 7 team members to 44 in less than a year!
1. It's all about relationships. Put yourself out there and be approachable. Do not say things like "Join my team" and "Check this out!" Personal outreach, genuinely caring about another person, asking how you can help them, and showing interest in their lives is going to build customers and team members who love being a part of what you're building. When was the last time you sent a card in the mail to a friend just to put a smile on their face? I do this consistently in my business and personal life. I LOVE the connections and friendships that have come from Tupperware.
2. Social media is valuable but it is only a small piece of the direct sales picture. The IN PERSON party is the KEY to a direct sales business. It's all great to start relationships online, share your love of Tupperware (or whatever you sell), and connect, but taking them off line to develop and grow will benefit you in ways you can't imagine. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
3. Learn from those that have gone before you. Invest in trainings (time and money), learn the how-tos, and take advantage of trainings offered by your up line or organization. There is so much knowledge at your fingertips (and most of it is FREE), you just have to be willing to invest the time in it.
It's also important to understand the details of the business, what it means to recruit, how to step up, what happens when you do, etc. The more comfortable you are with these details, the easier it is to share!
4. You are responsible. This is your business, no one else's. No one is going to grow it for you. If you don't put in the time, you won't get the paycheck. Also, shifting your mindset and treating it like an actual BUSINESS, makes all the difference in the world. Share your goals with others, and be confident in what you're doing, and how you're achieving those goals!
5. Step out of your comfort zone. Do a live video. Pick up the phone and call someone. Be different. Set yourself apart from all the other people. Brand yourself. Figure out what makes you unique and share that with that world. And don't let anything hold you back. If you want something you have never had, you have to be willing to do something you have never done.