- my hunter boots. I spend a lot of time outside in the mud, and these boots are awesome for that. I am thinking about getting another pair I love them so much...maybe something a bit shorter? And red possibly?
- my tupperware tumbler. I use it everyday; filling it with water over and over again, trying to stay hydrated. I also love my nalgene bottles for on the go, but at home, my tupperware tumbler wins every time. I love to drink from a straw. It's so much fun (ask Dave).
- Jamberry. I am really into Jamberry right now. I hosted a party and can't wait to get all my new sheets to play around with combos. I haven't used them as accent nails with regular nail polish on my other nails, so definitely want to try that. When I have my nails done, it just makes me feel a little bit more "put together," which is sometimes hard to do, working from home and at the nursery (hello mud).
- Wine to Water. I read this book in a day, it was a fast and interesting read. And it inspired me to think about doing for others. I would love to go on a mission trip, but think that maybe I'm too much of a wimp to deal with the tough conditions of a third world country and my heart would break into a thousand pieces knowing I can't help everyone I come into contact with. My sister offered a ticket to see Doc Hendley (author of Wine to Water the book, and founder of Wine to Water the non-profit organization seeking to provide clean drinking water to the 1.1 billion people in the world that don't have access to it) speak, and I took her up on it. He was great. Some take aways for me:
- We are part of a bigger picture out there. It's easy to get caught up in our day to days, but there are so many other things happening in the world, and many people suffering much more than we ever will.
- It's not about measuring up. He spoke about his struggles growing up, feeling like he didn't "measure up" to his family. But he found his own way to make a difference. And a huge difference he is making.
- I didn't write down the exact quote, but he said, Life is about the relationships. Yep, when you get rid of all the bells and whistles of life, the most important thing are the people. His speech had just the right amount of emotion and humor, and I found myself tearing up when he was sharing about his love and appreciation for his wife, who encourages him and supports him in his work.
- Jess Lively podcast. I really love to listen to podcasts when I'm doing housework or going for a walk. My all time favorite is the Jess Lively podcasts. I have rarely missed an episode (she's on 102!) and I have learned so much from her --books and blogs to check out, things to think about, and learning to live with intention. If you have a commute or are looking for some inspiration in your life, I highly recommend you check out her blog and podcast!
Hope you enjoyed my some of my favorite things this week!
What are a few of your favorite things?